There are many different pros and cons to painting before and after you move into a new space. You will come to see that the answer is quite surprising to what you would have expected, but painting after you move in is actually typically seen as the better option for painting. Let’s take a look at the pros of each option so that you can decide for yourself which seems like the better route to go when it comes to interior home painting.
Pros of Painting Before
- Easier to paint without furniture present
- You won’t have to move as much furniture around
- Less chance of injury
- No chance of smudging
- Faster process
Pros of Painting After
- Gives your home a more cohesive look
- Add depths of color to the space
- You will understand the space a bit more than before living there
- You will be able to understand the lighting a bit more accurately than before you move in
- You will not have to rush to get it done before a specific date
If you are looking for a streamlined process, and don’t necessarily care about the entire look of the room, painting before can be the route to go. On the other hand, if you are looking for a more cohesive, full look for your home, you may want to paint it after moving in, as it will allow for a more pulled-together look for your home.
Contact Rob Ross Painting Today!
At Rob Ross Painting, we specialize in interior, exterior, residential and commercial painting. We are one of the premier painting companies in the area, and serve the North Shore, including Gloucester, Manchester-by-the-Sea, Essex, Peabody & Rockport. If you are interested in learning more about our interior painting services, such as exterior painting, contact us today or call us directly at (978) 265-1567.