Wall color may seem like a minor change, but it can actually do a lot. While it can help to attract more natural light in a room, as well as pull together the décor of a room, it can also help the individuals in many ways. Here are some of the ways that it can help people throughout the course of the day:
- Natural Light: It can attract more natural light, which has many health benefits
- Mood: It can help to enhance your mood over the course of the day
- Energy: Increased energy levels have been reported
- Productivity: In the workplace, higher productivity has been reported
- Balance: Restoration of natural balance of the body can help you feel rejuvenated
- Sleep: In a home, it can help to increase your sleep quality
- Eyes: More natural light means less strain for your eyes in the dark
- Overall: Increased physical and emotional health has been reported
Different Colors and Their Effects
Whether it is a commercial or residential job, there are many different colors that you have the option of choosing from. These can range anywhere from very mild to very bold colors. For more natural light, we would recommend going with something a little lighter in pigment, as opposed to a bold red, as it can help attract that extra light you may want in your space.
Green/Blue: These colors can give a feeling of calmness or relaxation, which can ultimately lead to feeling less stressed. This is the perfect color for an office space, as well as a relaxing place such as a beach house or a living room, with large open windows.
Yellow/Orange: These colors, since they are more bright than a mellow green and blue can actually help to stimulate and energize people in a room. Having more light in a room can help to increase productivity, and having these colors as well can just double down on this fact.
Red: Similar to the yellows and oranges, red works to excite and stimulate the mind.